Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Fun Evening Out!

I am tired tonight, but it is a good kind of tired. My husband and I had been toying around with giving up our rock music. Dave, my husband, gave it up before I did. But I finally came around. We thought it wasn't helping us grow closer to God. Some of the lyrics and all are not exactly edifying.

So, last night I sat down and matched all the cases with all the cds. I am not sure how many cds we had, but we had some good classics. Four cd sets of Clapton, Led Zepplin, AC/DC etc. Decent collection. We decided jointly to get rid of all of them. So, I boxed them all up and we took them to half-priced books tonight to see what we could get for them. Needless to say, we were quite shocked at the price they offered us for all of them. Pleased as punch! So, our cds are gone. And I feel better for it.

Now to the evening out. Because of what they offered us, my dear husband took me out for an early Valentine's Day dinner. We went to Fridays and had a fabulous meal finished off by the fabulous oreo chocolate cake (highly recommended). It was nice to sit and eat and laugh, chat and carry on after all that we have been through as of late with my health.

My gift for V-day was a pink bluetooth that I have been wanting for quite some time. I was very surprised by it and if you will pardon the expression, tickeled pink!

So, what an evening it turned out to be and what a surprise too! Those are the best kind though aren't they?

I hope that you all have an equally surprising and full of fun Valentine's Day tomorrow with your loved one.

Good Night.

No comments: