Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yes, yes, I know. I am mostly German, but I do have just a wee bit of Irish and Scottish in me. So, I am free to celebrate this day too! Where do you think the bits of my red hair come from?? :~)

I am wearing a Mardi Gras shirt today. It's the only thing I could find this morning that had green in it besides my eyes. So, I guess I am hitting two holidays in one today because I couldn't find my Mardi Gras shirt when it was time for that. Oh well.

I had a bit of an accident this morning. I don't know what I hit (no child or animals or other cars), but it bent the rim and immediately flattened my front passenger tire. I was okay, but it did scare me and give me the shakes a bit. Called the soon to be ex., and he came to my rescue. He took the bad tire (rim and all) to be replaced, but the spare on my car. Now he is on his way over to put the new tire and rim on (taking the spare off). I am cooking supper for him as my way to say 'thank you'.

Things have been just nuts lately. We have been working our tails off trying to get the business off the ground etc., and dealing with lots of other stuff too. I have had a few days where it was all I could do not to pack up and go home to Kentucky. I NEED A VACATION!!! Lots of stress, stress, stress. I feel it in my back every day. It's days like this that I miss the small town/county of Kentucky and Tennessee and South Carolina. If I had a job, place to live etc., I would be gone in a heartbeat. Sometimes this city is just too much.

Still planning on getting a newer vehicle, just not sure on the timing. I originally had planned to go do that around the 30th of this month, but things are getting pushed back a little. Want to make sure I have a steady paycheck etc., before I commit to a car payment. It will come though, I am sure of that, and I am soooo looking forward to getting a better vehicle. And one that I like!!!!

It's about 70 degrees here today and is just corgeous. Why can't it stay this way all the way to summer? It won't though. We will be back and forth, warm, then cooler, then warm, the cooler...I miss my southern winters. Nothing changes except what days you can go to the beach!

Right now I am sitting here waiting on soon to be ex, just jamming out to my favorite radio station; The Brew, 105.7 Columbus. Good stuff and good way to relax for me. Music always relaxes me, even if its rock n roll.

Got tickets to go with my sister to see Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Miranda Lambert and Antebellum all together in May here in Columbus. I cannot wait for that! Should be an awesome time. I just hope its good and warm as it all starts at 530pm. I would like to go see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood in June for my 40th birthday. Have to see if I can round up a group to go with me; that would be awesome too! I am ready for concerts, pools, the beach, constant sunshine, warmer temps and just an overall good time this spring and summer!

Well, I guess I had better go for now. Let's see if I can find a song or two to put at the end here. Hang on...Okay, here we go:

"Love Shack" by the B-52's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3YqaIxDp_0

"Sweet Child Of Mine" by Guns N' Roses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymFtJ52p4k

And for St Pat's Day:

"Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpVbLm4TN3g

No comments: