Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beth Moore Study

Well, this past Wednesday night was our last night for our Beth Moore study, "Stepping Up: A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent". The last night was good and amazing. As I have previously written about that night (although briefly) all the women met in the sanctuary for the whole time that night.

We had a time of singing and worship. Then several ladies (and one whole group) got up and shared what the study meant to them and/or their testimonies. Then we watched the last video portion for the study. Beth Moore was excellent in this as with all the others. Then we sang another song and had a time of prayer. None of us wanted it to end, we had all enjoyed it so much. The general consensus in our little group was that we hoped they did another Beth Moore study next summer.

When New Life first started announcing that they would be doing this study way back at the beginning of May of this year, I was a little interested, but not sure I wanted to sign up for it. We hadn't been attending New Life all that long and I just wasn't sure I was ready for it. But, as the weeks of that month went along, and they kept announcing it, I felt such a pull to do it. By the end of the month, I felt like the Lord really wanted me to do this study and I had no idea why. So, I believe it was around Memorial Day that I finally signed up to do it, although I was very nervous about it. I just didn't understand why I felt so lead to do it.

But, you see, the Lord knew what the summer held for me just a short couple of weeks later. I truly believe that He wanted me to do this study because He knew what was going to happen and that I would need this study. I am so glad that I listened to Him and what He wanted me to do in doing it.

The study was amazing. I was in a small group of amazing ladies. Young and old, at all stages in life. It was a unique group really. And they just opened their arms, even though they didn't know me, and welcomed me in.

The study itself was also amazing. Beth Moore is an amazing woman and I am so thankful that she allows God to use her in this way as well as many other ways. I learned a lot of things I didn't know before about things in the Bible. I also learned a lot about myself. And most importantly, God used it to draw me into a much, much closer relationship with Him. I can truly and honestly say that I am in a relationship with Him now that is unlike anything I have ever had before. He has brought me close to Him, teaching me that I can and should give everything over to Him. Every worry, every heartache, everything. I have learned to rely on Him for everything and I know that when I am praying and praising Him, sometimes through tears, He is wrapping His big arms around me, telling me He is there and it will be alright. It has truly been an amazing experience! I am so thankful for that.

I will miss meeting with this particular group of ladies each week, but know that some of us are planning to keep in touch throughout the fall etc. One of the ladies from the group invited me to join her regular small group when they start up again (in September I think) and I am giving it serious consideration. But, also, New Life is doing a small group fair the weekend of Sept 6-7th, where you can go around to the different small groups, after services I assume, and see what each group is about and what they are studying etc. I think that is a very cool way to do that and will look at all of the others and pray about which one I feel lead to be involved with.

So, in closing, I want to say, if you ladies out there ever get the opportunity to be involved in a Beth Moore Bible Study, DO IT! You will truly be blessed by it and will enjoy it, I know.

I will leave you with the Psalm that came to mean the most to me throughout this study and this summer.

Psalm 121

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever.

(NASB)

May God Bless each and every one of you!

No comments: