Friday, May 9, 2008

Cold and Damp

well today is cold and damp and i can't seem to get or keep warm. i hate weather like this. i am wanting to put my plants outside and some of them need replanted, but it's going to be so cool at night this next week, i am afraid they'll die. so i guess i will wait another week or so and see if the warm temps stay warm.

saw my podiatrist today. my fractures in my left foot have pretty well healed. however, my arthritis is worse in both feet. so i am getting new shoe inserts to help with that. they are casting my feet next friday and then i think it takes a couple of weeks for them to be made. hopefully this will help my feet to not hurt so bad. they have been bothering me alot lately, other than the fractures.

am trying to get our mothers day stuff done today. i am also doing my moms birthday, which was 2 weeks ago. so i hope to get her package in the mail yet today. got the gifts wrapped and in the padded envelope, but need cards. i went to my usual hallmark store and they were gone. all closed up. no notice of them having moved or anything. so i will leave early to go get hubby from work and go to the one over that way.

i am doing well on my new meds. saw the shrink yesterday. go back in 4 weeks when he will probably have to up the dosage on my adhd medicine, but other than that, things are getting better.

i am healing well from my surgery, although still sore on the inside. the incisions look good and are healing up nicely. stitches were on the inside, they will dissolve inside, so that was nice and easier too. the meds that my doc gave me seem to be helping with the pain etc i was having, so thats good too. we seem to have figured out the problem. she suspected i was having spasms in my bladder and colon from the fibro, so the meds she called in for me are helping that. it seems to be settling down too. this is the first time i have had my fibro affect my insides like that. my fibro hasn't really bothered me for quite a while. oh well, as hubby says, i always have to be the odd one.

God has been good to us. we got our rebate check this week just when we needed it. He always takes care of us even when we aren't aware of it happening. isn't God wonderful?

well, i guess thats it for this time. i'm starting to get involved in some of my political things, so am looking forward to that too. can't believe it's may already.

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there. May God bless you all.

2 comments:

Michelle Harper said...

I'm glad things seem to be on the up-and-up. I miss you and hope to see you sometime soon. I'm on vacation this week and at the retreat center in Maria Stein, OH. It's been wonderful.

Take care. Love you!

tye-dye trinity said...

Miss you too! We need to get together when you get back! I am glad you are enjoying your vacation. Be careful coming home.
Love you too!