Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bright, Sunny and Warm too!

It is a bright, sunny, warm day today! What a change. It had been so damp and cold it felt more like fall than spring. Unfortunately, today is supposed to be the bright spot in an otherwise cool and damp week.

Hubby ran after work at the park so I walked the path he was running. I ended up walking 1.2 miles (he ran it twice so he went further), but I thought I did pretty good. I did it in about 23 minutes. Not bad. I can't get back on my bike for 3 more weeks (cause of surgery), plus I need some supplies. I need a bike helmet, a new seat and a bike rack for the car. I have no idea how much the bike rack will cost. The helmet and seat are no big deal.

It was nice walking and at a good clip too. Also gave me a chance to get some sun on this pale white skin. I don't know when I will get a chance this week to walk at the park again. Depends on how much it ends up raining. They are forecasting that by this coming monday our high will only be 59 degrees. ugh. I am anxious for summer to get here and stay here.

Am healing well from surgery. Still somewhat sore inside. Sometimes hurts to wear jeans cause of the one incision by my belly button. But other wise, feeling much better. My back has been bothering me a bit, but I think once I am able to exercise more, that will loosen up.

We went to LifeWay again this past Sunday morning. We liked the Sunday morning service better than the saturday night. However, Hubby would like to attend a saturday night service somewhere so he can run on Sunday morning. The races he has entered are on Sunday mornings also. So we will see. We were going to try Grove City Nazarene, but with gas at $4 a gallon now, thats a long way for us to go for church. We may try Vineyard, but haven't decided on that yet. LifeWay is only 15 minutes from us, so.....

Hubby did something very nice for me last week. On tuesday he called from work and wanted to know if I wanted to go out that night for mothers day. I thought he meant for his mom, but he was talking about ME! Even though I am a mom to a dog instead of a kid, he took me out for a nice dinner. I really appreciated him doing that for me. Meant more to me than he will ever know.

I am feeling better everyday. Had a bout of depression last week, but am feeling much better this week. Head is clearer everyday and both sets of parents say I seem more like myself again. The ADD medicine seems to be working ok. I am off the two meds the hospital had me on that just left me feeling drugged up all the time. Am slowly weaning off last one, but should be off of it soon.

Even my migraines are better. Had two right after the surgery, but thats been it for over a month now. I think changing the birth control and the vitamins have really helped. I gave myself my first depo shot last week. It hurt and bruised a little in the thigh, but it seems to be helping the headaches stay away so thats the big thing.

Got out saturday. Had lunch with a friend and then went craft shopping. It was nice to see her and spend some time with her and also have an afternoon out. And it was a decent day weather wise.

Grandma is doing really well. They are talking about letting her go "home" in about 10 days. She'll actually go to our aunts house. It's amazing. A few weeks ago we thought we were going to be going to her funeral soon and then she wakes up and just keeps getting better. Quite a feat for a 93 year old. Do keep her in your prayers though.

Well, I guess thats it for now. Got a box out to my cousin in Iraq today. Hope he and his guys enjoy what we put in it. And that it arrives safely. Keep him in your prayers also. He tour there isn't up until January 2009.

Talk to ya'll later. If its nice, warm and sunny wherever you are, get out and enjoy it!

No comments: