Friday, March 21, 2008

My Big Night and My First Step into Politics

Well, it was just fabulous! Even the food was good! Italian lasagna etc. MMM. It was great to see Ken again as I had not seen him since his 2006 gubernatorial campaign. He looked good and it was great to talk with him again.

I also got to meet Tom Delay and have picture of he and I together that my hubby took with my phone (it came out really well). That was nice. He was very nice and I enjoyed talking with him.

Other than working Ken's gubernatorial campaign in 2006, this is really my first foray into politics. This is it. My hubby was happy I was so excited and that I joined the group. He knows this is my thing. He doesn't participate in anything political unless its a special occasion,like election night. Which is fine. He is happy to let me do this cause he knows I enjoy it and its really just my thing.

The group is call "Coalition for Conservative Majority". Columbus is one of 9 chapters so far. We will meet once a month. It's goal is not to support one candidate or another, but to get conservatives to get out there and take action against or for specific cause or issue. I am so excited for this. It is needed because true conservatives need to get off their butts and get to work on things. Also to get together with other groups, Right to Life etc., and work together on issues that need to be taken care of.

We as conservatives need to not be afraid to get out there and work for our party. If we don't, like things have been this year, we will be in position to lose anything we have worked for in the past. Get out there and work!

If anyone is interested in joining the website is www.ccmajority.org. I think it's well worth it and I look forward to working with the group and working to get things done. We need to desperately or we are going to lose this country (my opinion).

OK, I will get off my soap box now. I know some of you will not agree with this but this is what I believe.

Thanks for letting me spout about my political things.

Love you all.

1 comment:

Milly said...

It’s not that we agree or not it’s that you and I have the right not to agree. ;-}
I have different perspectives on life because I saw the REAL world growing up. My dad worked in the juvenile justice system. I campaigned for Carter in college and was part of a radio debate I got to ask the rep who was speaking for Reagan a question. “You said a democrat you made a lot of mistakes, you’re still the same man so won’t you still be making mistakes?” then when the guy didn’t answer my question I said “You failed to answer the question. Why can’t you answer?” He didn’t answer after that and they moved on.

I think I told you my brother is a lobbyist and a history buff. The dude loves to talk about the civil war. You two could spend way too much time talking. ;-}

I’m glad you had a good night out and pray for many more.