Thursday, August 28, 2008

2008 Election

So, here we are, 68 days til Election Day. I am and have been really worried about all aspects of this election. Local, State, and Federal. They are all vitally important this year. Possibly more important than they've ever been before.

So, I have been very vocal on this blog about this election, specifically the Presidential one. I am honestly concerned and worried like I have never been before about this one. There are so many ways that make it probably the most important thus far in my voting life (21 years). I have worked, prayed, blogged, spread the word any way I can.

But the last couple of Sundays at my church, we've been singing this song, "God of This City", and it smacks me like a ton of bricks. Yes, I need to pray, worry and work for what I believe in this election. BUT, no matter what happens, GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL. He is still the "God of this City", of this nation, of this world. I needed to be reminded of that. And maybe you need to be reminded too. So, here is the link for the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61LamkXfwk

May God Bless this great country! May God Bless each of you as you make your decisions this fall for the elections.

Thanks ya'll. Have a great one.


PS. This doesn't mean I will stop campaigning, working towards what I believe is the best choice or being vocal about it on this blog. Just wanted to give some reassurance to ya'll. I know I needed to hear it.

No comments: