Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Almost June

Wow! This month has really flown by. It's hard to believe that Sunday is June 1st. The beginning of summer. And my birth month. I will turn another year older towards the end of the month.

This past Saturday I was in the Grandview Memorial Day parade for the Steve Stivers for Congress campaign. Afterwards some of us went to the Asian festival, which was interesting. We had a very good turn out for the parade. I think about 70 people. It was so cool that morning and I was standing there freezing in shorts and a campaign t-shirt. So I moved over from where I was to stand in the sun for warmth. We ended up walking into the sun in the parade and of course in the sun at the Asian festival. Well it was nice and cool and I didn't feel a thing. Got home Saturday afternoon late. Burned so bad. Hubby told me I glowed in the dark!! Its getting better though. Need some sunscreen before 4Th of July! But I enjoyed being in my "element" so to speak. I love politics.

I have decided to step out and participate in something at our new church. It's a Bible study for women that runs on Wednesday nights through the summer starting mid-June. It's a Beth Moore study called:"Stepping Up-A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent". I really didn't want to step out of the crowd, so to speak, so soon at New Life. We just wanted to be "invisible" for a while. But each week they made the announcement, I felt pulled towards it. I have thought about it and prayed about it (its been announced for 4 weeks) and yesterday decided to do it. So, I signed up for it online before I changed my mind. I will miss the first week cause I will be in Kentucky with my family, but after that I will be going. I am both nervous and interested to see how it goes and what I learn.

The book I have been reading is really helping. I like the book, which helps, but it is really helping me realize some things and deal with the emotions of hurts etc., from the past right up to the present. I found out there is now a follow-up book to it, so I plan to get that and read that as well.

My ADD medicine is still working, except it has stopped working earlier in the day. It usually lasts til about 7pm, but now it's stops about 3pm. I get antsy and anxious and fidgety like a 2 year old in church. The shrink told me this would happen. I see him again next week and he will adjust my meds then. I feel good about it all. Have been able to read (love that, cause I love to read!) and do other things that take more concentration. He said everything will be well adjusted and I will be well adjusted by the time school starts Sept. 24Th. He says I should do well in school. I am looking forward to getting back.

Several of my friends have been in the "path" of danger the past week or so, but God has kept them all safe. Two of them have been surrounded by these mid-west tornado outbreaks. The other one is in China and survived the earthquake. He and his wife teach school there. They teach the kids English I think. Anyhow, all friends are safe and sound, thank the Lord.

Well, I guess that's it for now. May right more later in the week. Hope all of you are well.

God Bless.

No comments: