Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pat Robertson: Idiot

I just have to say a few words about what Pat Robertson said the other day on his show about Haiti. The just of what he said is that because of a supposed deal with the devil in the 18th century, that this terrible earthquake was God's wrath for that. He also intimated something similar about the United States when 9/11 happened.

I have to say, what an idiot!!! It burns me up that he said this and that, sadly, there are people out there in the world that truly believe what he said. In other words, if you are living wrong, then things will go badly in your life; consequently, if you are living right, then things will go well.

If God truly worked like this, then where would any of us be? What if things are not going well in a Christian's life? And who made Robertson the judge on such things? I thought God was the judge.

Once again, Pat Robertson has said something so insanely stupid, that it makes all of us cringe. I, quite frankly, am ashamed that he has the media position that he has with his show. I am ashamed that he says he's part of the Christian community. He is making true believers look bad in the eyes of nonbelievers.

I hope that he loses his show soon, by some manner. Hmmm. Based on Robertson's thinking, maybe I should pray the he would lose his voice permanently and never be able to speak again.

In the meantime, Christians need to stand up and say, 'no, we do not believe this way.' Can God use a tragedy such as the Haiti earthquake to draw people closer to Him? Yes, He can. Do I believe that He caused the earthquake to punish the Haitians for their supposed past sins? No, I do not. We should all be cautious of such thinking. It is dangerous.

1 comment:

Neo said...

amen.
People use media outlets to their own gain... this is big news, everyone will have a spin on it... God created an imperfect world for us, it moves, has storms and evil people, just keep the faith.