Monday, November 30, 2009

Middle of the Night/Very Early in the Morning

Here it is, almost 430am and I am awake. I have been waking up in the middle of the night because of coughing fits. They wake me out of a dead sleep. Ugh.

Hope everyone had a good turkey day. I just hung out here with my parents, eating and watching football. I made our dinner: baked ham, mashed potatoes, peas, baked yams, rolls, and dad's pumpkin pie. It was fairly good, I thought. My brother and his family came over on Saturday and we had our 'Thanksgiving' then, as well as, celebrated my oldest nephews birthday. That was a good time.

Have gotten most of my Christmas shopping done. Have shopped just about exclusively online. It's so much easier that way. No driving into Lexington and battling the crowds. I have gotten some nice things and some really good deals. There will be a few things I will have to hit a store or stores for (like stocking stuffers), but it shouldn't be too bad.

Have been feeling quite down, depressed lately. However, a friend of mine reminded me of the verse that says (paraphrasing), turn,turn,turn; everything has a season etc. He reminded me in an email, then I read it on his blog. Then I was given a book called 'New Life After Divorce' and the first few lines of it basically said the same thing. There is a season for everything, and things will get better. So, to all who contributed to giving me that message, thank you so much! It was much needed.

I guess winter will set in here this week. I have all my coats, gloves, etc., ready. I need a new scarf and hat (although I have 2 already). I also got my snow boots ordered from Lands End. Hopefully we will get enough snow to make them useful. I am of the opinion that if its going to be cold, it might as well snow! Snow is so much better than rain anyhow!

Well, I guess I had better close this out. I don't feel like I have said anything of importance, but sometimes it just feels good to blab. Hope everyone is getting a good nights sleep!

No comments: