Thursday, January 8, 2009

Winter Quarter Begins

Well, winter quarter started this past Monday (5th). And it came with winter!!! What a surprise! Right now it is about 19 degrees with a wind chill (stressing the word chill) is about 9 degrees! So nice and cold! And there is snow on the ground. It snowed most of the day (at least down by campus it did); we don't really have that much snow, but it just makes it feel that much colder! But wait!! This next week, we are going to have highs in the teens and lows in the single digits!! How pleasant is that??? Find me a warm beach with some sun NOW!

It has been a long, long week. I am only taking 2 classes this quarter, but they are going to kick my butt. Its not that they are that difficult, just a lot of work; a lot of reading and assignments, a project, and just regular homework. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my long days and boy are they long! I am thankful, however, that my Political Science professor gives us a break about half-way through (its a 2 1/2hr class each day we meet) to get up and move around, take care of other business, whatever. So, I am glad for that.

With that and another thing that will start taking up my time on a more and more regular basis, I am going to have to drop one thing, I think. It's just too much with everything else that is going on right now.

So, today just to add to my stress (as if there isn't enough in my life already), my car decides to throw its two cents worth into the mix and start acting up. Took me about 10 minutes to get it started this morning. It was beginning to get to the point where I thought I was going to have to call for a ride so I wouldn't miss my classes, and it finally started. It hesitated on the way home, but started and then began making this awful racket. I don't know what it is, but its loud and right under my feet and I can feel the vibration in my feet on the pedals. Nice huh?? I hate that piece of junk.

I had my "independence day" over the weekend. My soon to ex was stopping over to get a few things on Saturday at a time I wasn't going to be able to be here. So, I left him a big (Rubbermaid) bin full of his stuff, clothes, pictures etc., in the kitchen for him. I left him a nice note and asked him if he would please take the bin full of his stuff. I also asked him to drop his house key in the mail slot after he locked the door and was leaving. To my surprise, when I got home later in the evening, he had taken the bin, left his key and no nasty text messages, emails or notes about it. That really surprised me; his attitude lately has left a little to be desired on my part and there have been times when he was just down right rude and mean over the holidays. But, I did that (I emptied his dresser into the bin) and asked for his key as a means of taking my life back and saying ' you can be as mean and rude as you want, I have a life and am going on with it.' IT FELT GREAT!!!

I got rid of my engagement ring over the holidays. I took it back to the store where we purchased it over 18 years ago and asked what I could do with it. So after looking around and doing some thinking, I traded it in on a nice pair of diamond earrings. It was a little difficult ( I shed a few tears in the car afterwards), but I had a friend with me, and after a few minutes, was fine. It felt great to do that too and I must say, I look great with the diamond earrings in two of the many holes in my ears! Another piece of the puzzle of getting on with my life and not letting anything he says or does (and believe me, a few things have not been all that great) get to me or affect me. He'll have to deal with whatever consequences his actions bring upon him, not me. I am done. DO YOU HEAR ME??? DONE!!!

So, I am laying here in bed last night, watching tv. It's bedtime and I had taken my bedtime meds, but was watching a tv show I like and I got to paying attention to the theme song and really liked it. I at first thought it was old school David Bowie, but after doing some digging, found out that it wasn't him after all. It's a group called 'The VLA'. The song is 'When I am Through With You', I particularly like the chorus. Now, I will put a disclaimer here and say this isn't directed at any one person. However, if some person should see this and hear the song and pay attention to it, maybe it will send this person a message of sorts.

As the sign I saw in the mall last weekend said "If you can't be nice; just leave!"

And as always, here is the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNU2nOo1EwM

4 comments:

Milly said...

Sorry to hear of the troubles but it is a great time to stand on your own.

I'm praying for both of you

Anonymous said...

It is important to note that there is always two sides to every story. Regardless, I am really happy that you're taking the steps necessary to move on with life during this very difficult time.

God Bless.

tye-dye trinity said...

Yes, there are two sides to every story, but lets remember that he walked out on me. I take my responsibility for the fact that our marriage didn't make it, but he left me. He had no interest in working to save the marriage; I did. So, good-bye and best wishes, but like I said, I am done.

Anonymous said...

http://tye-dye-trinity.blogspot.com/2008/10/ending-and-new-beginning.html

Sounded mutual.