Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering....

I tried to think and find an appropriate poem to place here today for the remembrance of what happened September 11, 2001 here in our great country. I couldn't find one that I liked well enough or said what I wanted to convey on a day such as this.

Then I remembered that great song, "God Bless America"; I listened to it once again and found that yes, it conveyed all that I wanted to convey on this day. The only person I know that does this song the best way is the great Kate Smith.

So, as you go about your day today, pause for a moment or two and remember those who died 7 years ago today in New York City, The Pentagon in Washington, D.C., and that lonely field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Also take a moment and remember our troops that are now serving in our war against terrorism and say a prayer for them and their safety.

May God truly Bless America!!!

Take it away Kate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCavKL2zdjM

No comments: