Monday, July 21, 2008

Has the Lord Built Your House?

Last week and into this week in our Beth Moore homework, one of the Psalms that we worked on was Psalm 127. And it really got me to thinking; deep thinking.

I think of my own house. Sure, we started out intending to build our house with the Lord when we were first married. But as with many things, the best of intentions etc., that soon fell by the wayside after we were married.

We were away from the Lord for so many years; I would say a good 14 years. We thought we had the world by the tail and we weren't living with the Lord. We said and did many things in those years that we are ashamed of now; can't believe we did; can't believe we said; can't believe we behaved that way.

We both came back to the Lord in 2006. Several months a part. We quickly became involved in our church, in our small group, on the worship team. But I wonder now, did either of us really take the time to develope a true, good and close relationship with God, as individuals? I know we didn't as a couple. We never got around to having devotions together and the only time we prayed together was before meals. We were both at fault for that. So yes, it was good that we came back to the Lord, it was good we were involved, but was it too late? Had too much hurt been done to one another; did the fact that we never developed a relationship with God as a couple through devotions and prayer (and not just before meals) help develope this break between us?

I have grown personally with the Lord in the last 8 weeks like I never have before. He has had me on my knees, in tears, leaning only on Him. It has been an amazing journey for me personally. I am enjoying getting to know God on the level I should have known Him before now. As not only my heavenly Father, but as my Daddy.

So, I want to ask you a question today. Even though your life may seem to be going along smoothly; you're enjoying church involvement, group involvement etc. But, do you have that personal involvement with our Father? Have you built your house upon Him? Is your relationship with your spouse based upon Him and do you have quiet time together, the 3 of you? You, your spouse and God? Have you built your marriage upon Him? This has really spoken to me. So I pray you will think long and hard on these things.

Take a good hard look at youself. At your marriage. At your home. Has it been built on the Lord? Truely on Him? I pray that it has been.

I will leave you with the Psalm.

Psalm 127

Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman keeps awake in vain.
It is vain for you to rise up early,
To retire late,
To eat the bread of painful labors;
For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arros in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one's youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;
They will not be ashamed
When they speak with their enemies in the gate.
(NASB)

May the Lord Bless You.

No comments: